At Times Like These Mobile Is Noble
Beclecto has been doing a lot of research lately regarding the mobile landscape. If mobilizing your company’s web presence is not on your mind now, you will lose business to your competition! Nobody wants THAT so listen up.
The internet landscape is changing. You could almost consider it a revolution or a paradigm shift because it is! In the not so distant past, say 4 years ago, it was still perfectly ok to put your web address on all of your print media. It still is and we’re not suggesting you quit doing it, but we are definitely suggesting that you consider that an increasing number of your users that are visiting you on mobile devices and that number is increasing every single day!
So what do they see when they visit your site on their Android or I phone? Is it optimized for mobile? Can you visitors find what they need without pinching or scrolling? What do you think is most important for them to find?
Most smartphone users want to know where you are and how to reach you. If that info isn’t front and center, they are probably gone. They also want that info to respond to touch. If your phone number is embedded in your beautiful header image, guess what.. all the mashing in the world is not going to transfer them to the phone function on their phone, and your phone isn’t going to ring! Likewise with your address.
Did you know that huge numbers of people are ready and willing to shop right on their phone? Buy your product or service right then and there while they have your site up? Mobile commerce numbers are gigantic! Are you missing out?
Digby a compiler of mobile data quotes many sources in their industry statistics page. Here are a few examples to get your head spinning:
Mobile Commerce and Engagement Stats
- Holiday sales expected to reach $54.47 billion, up 16.8% over 2011 levels. (Source: eMarketer, 2012)
- Mobile searches related to restaurants have a conversion rate of 90% with 64% converting within the hour. (Source: xAd and Telemetrics, 2012)
- 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop. (Source: comScore, 2012)
- Mobile Marketing Association study finds mobile ads should account for 7% of marketing budgets. The space is currently seeing spends around 1%. (Source: Marketing Evolution, 2012)
- Mobile messaging ad spend will reach $7.4bn by 2017, driven by a surge in location-based services. (Source: Juniper Research, 2012)
- 74% of U.S. consumers use location based services on their smartphone and 46% of mobile phone users use location based services. (Source: Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2012)
- 68% of men are likely to make purchases thanks to mobile ads, whereas 58% of women are likely to to make a purchase. Further, men are more likely than women to redeem mobile coupons (35% vs. 27%). (Source: Mobile Advertising Survey, 2012)
It’s time to Get Mobile
There are many mobile solution providers that can make sure your company looks great on mobile devices. Go Big Apps In Tampa Florida is one company that specializes in mobile apps and other mobile solutions for small business. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does have to happen or your company could be missing out.
How QR Codes Fit In
QR codes are the “ride to your destination” for smartphones. These two dimensional bar codes can do so many things but the most important job they do is give smart phone users a way to visit an internet destination without entering a long URL by hand into the address bar of a smart phone browser. Frankly, relying on someone to enter your URL, proudly displayed in your print media will most likely get you few mobile visitors. If you want to send mobile visitors to your website, or to a specific mobile optimized landing page, providing a QR code is a polite way to get them there.
Mobile Landing Pages
Rather than completely redoing your complete website, sometimes a good stop gap measure is to provide a landing page optimized for mobile. That’s what Mini OF Wesley Chapel did in the example above. The landing page there has links to important features, a great big ole call now button, GPS enabled directions and .. a video! According to YouTube 200 million people view videos on their smartphones DAILY. It is… the New TV!
Deploy Your QR Codes EVERYWHERE!
When you have your QR codes set for your destination.. put them everywhere! On your business cards, print media, invoices, and even on your website. Smart phones are never far from the smartphone user and if they want to carry your mobile content with them, your coupons etc. They will scan your code!
Give them a call to action, an arrow, a reason to scan: “Scan for Coupons” and you will be amazed.
Have a Facebook business page? Guess what.. Facebook is nicely optimized for mobile. Give them a ride to your Facebook business page with a “Social QR.” If you are one of the guilty ones who has the sign at your counter.. “like of Facebook” Get a social QR now and print some stickers and stick it up there. You will get “likes” like never before! Get someone to pretty it up for you.. with your business name, phone number and and a Facebook logo in the middle and you’ll be amazed at the response you get.